TREAT THE ANTS, TREAT THE PROBLEM
If the mosquitoes are the most reviled insects on this planet, the ants are most probably the most revered. We like to study their behavior and work habits. Children’s books have been written about ants; don’t forget the movies too.
However, if they get to invade our homes, they become these pesky little pests. The same work habits that we know they have are the same habits that we have come to hate them for. They soon become problems that we need to face.
One surprising fact about ants being pests is that they are capable of doing more structural damage to a home than termites could. And when they spot food, the ants leave out a chemical trail so that others may follow them towards a food source, usually our food. They can set up their nests anywhere in or outside your house
There are more than 10,000 species of ants; most of these species are found in the forests, while a few make it to our homes and offices.
They form colonies that have one queen and plenty of fertile males. The Queen’s role is to lay as many eggs as she can. The role of the male ants, on the other hand, is to mate with the queen. The ant workers are actually female wingless ants. They forage for food, clean the nests, care for the young, and protect the nest. A queen and can live for up to 15 years, while worker ants can live up to 7 years.
Here are a few tips on how to control these ants:
- Wipe off any food residue and drink spills on the tables, floors, kitchen sinks, or anywhere in the house for that matter. Leftover food should not be left on the table; instead, put them in sealed containers.
- Put a cover on your trash bins. Then throw away your garbage regularly. This is to make sure no food remnants are thrown away.
- Seal off cracks and crevices by caulking. Check around foundations and other sites that provide entry from the outside.
- Wash dirty dishes in the sink. Do not allow these to stay there overnight. Ants may find these because of the food particles there.
- Store foods that are attractive to ants in a plastic container that has been washed to remove any residue outside of it that could still attract them.
If the ant infestation in your home is too much of a problem, then call professional help. Let Lake Norman Pest Control rid you of these pesky ants.
Call Lake Norman Pest Control
They have excellent experience not only in ant control, but also with many other pest problems like cockroaches, rodents, bed bugs, mosquitoes, ants, and many others. The company has a special team of technicians who can evaluate your homes or offices on the type of service that is just right for you. They also offer same-day service, EPA approved pest extermination methods and discounts for regular service agreements.