Termite Control Services
If you live in a house constructed primarily of wood then you are probably aware of the devastating effects of termites, it’s pretty scary. Termites are known as silent destroyers as their colonies can exist in your house and surrounding areas for several years without you ever knowing, slowly and quietly chewing their way through wood and wooden structures in Huntersville. Some colonies can even grow as big as a football field, containing millions of these tiny, destructive insects and it is estimated that termite associated destruction cost the United States an estimated 5 billion a year in property damage.
There is no denying the damage which Termites can cause, and there are several termite control services near you in which you can employ their services. However, you need to be careful to ensure you are getting value for money. Termites feed on cellulose which comprises wood and other plant materials. Termites need cellulose to exist, and this is why they find the wood we use to build our furniture, flooring and the rest of the house extremely tasty.
Once you confirm the presence of termites in your home the first thing you do is call a professional to confirm if you can get termite protection and treatment options. Most termite exterminators provide annual reports of properties to prevent potential or large-scale damage to property. The inspection usually involves:
Use of Local Knowledge
Your place of residence is unique, and there’s no place like home as most termite control professionals are usually required to train continually with in-depth local expertise, so they know what is going on in your area.
Providing a Report
A full-written report often comes at the end of every termite inspection, and you need a termite control professional which can draw upon the knowledge about your area from the surrounding to the seasons, wood types and weathers. After a comprehensive report, you will get recommendations on the best solutions for your unique situation.
If you choose not to get an annual report, you should be proactive and watch out for signs of termites and below are some signs to watch out for:
- Discarded wings- Winged termites or swarmers are often the first signs of a termite infestation. These swarmers fly away from their colonies to setup new colonies. They shed their wings, and you will often find them around windows.
- Hollow sounds- Termites carve out a network of tunnels known as galleries in wood which causes it to sound hollow.
- Damage to wood structures- Termites love to eat joists, wood floorings, ceiling tiles and the wood which connects to the foundation of your home. If you find it’s falling apart, you might have a termite infestation.
- Frass- These are termite droppings which come about as they try to keep their colonies clean, thereby pushing out their droppings that creates piles which resemble heavy grain sand.
- Mud tubes- Subterranean ants build covered tubes from mud and other materials to protect themselves while migrating from one location to the next. You can also find them on exterior walls close to the ground.