Roach Control Service Near me
Cockroaches are the oldest surviving insects on the planet, and the US is home to over 70 species of cockroaches. Cockroaches are well known for spreading diseases and are associated with several other health risks. Exposure to cockroaches can put you at risk of Salmonella, Gastro-enteritis, and Dysentery. Increases in eczema and childhood asthma have also been linked to cockroach droppings.
A prompt response at the first sign of an infestation is essential to cockroach control as this will prevent the spread of the pest around your Huntersville house and your neighbors. Cockroaches breed quickly, and their resilience means you will always need the intervention of professional exterminators as this is the best form of control. Only expert products are the best way to eliminate all stages of their life cycle.
Before you contact a cockroach control service, you have to be certain that there are cockroaches in your apartment and some of the signs to watch out for include:
- Cockroach droppings- Cockroaches leave a dust of black droppings with 1mm apart and of varying lengths.
- Smear marks- Check for marks on horizontal surfaces and at wall-floor junctions where cockroaches are often active. If there’s enough water, they will produce brown and irregular shaped smear marks.
- Shed skin- Check for this evidence in locations where you suspect they are sheltering, Cockroaches shed “cast nymphal” skins 5-8 times as they grow into adulthood.
- Damage- Check for signs of damage, not just on food packing. Cockroaches will leave signs of their destruction on about every organic material, not restricted to wood, leather, and books.
- Unusual odor- An established cockroach infestation produces an unpleasant musty smell which taints items they come in contact with.
- Live cockroaches in your bathroom and kitchen- German cockroaches need warmth and humidity, so it’s common to find them in bathrooms, laundry rooms, and kitchen areas. They are also great climbers, scaling smooth surfaces like glass or polished metal easily; due to sticky pads on their feet. It’s common to find them in awkward positions when turning on your lights at night.
- Cockroaches in your basement- Oriental cockroaches cope better with cooler, damp conditions, so it’s likely you would find them in your drains, and if conditions are favorable, they can survive outside on rubbish heaps. Although not as fast as German cockroaches, they can climb surfaces such as brickwork.
Although the best option is always to contact a cockroach control service, there are some practical DIY steps you can take to keep cockroaches out and prevent an infestation and they include: elimination of food sources, clearing of waste and spillages, removal of pet food, rinsing of cans, bottles, and plastics and sealing entry points.