HOW TO MAKE THE FLEAS FLEE
Fleas were virtually celebrities about a century ago. They were great entertainers, and people flocked to see them. They were a sight to behold whenever they push miniature carts, kicking small balls, and other techniques that wowed the crowd.
However, their celebrity status should not give them a free pass to enter your homes. Fleas are real pests that are very high health risks.
Fleas are health risk parasites that are dark reddish- brown in color. They have 6 legs and have antennae. Their size ranges from 1 / 12 to 1/ 6 inches in length. They feed on the blood of any warm-blooded body, which is why their favorite hosts are dogs and cats.
They typically live for only a few months. Keep in mind that a house does not need to have pets to get fleas. The reason is that they can still find other hosts, like bats, squirrels, and rats that manage to take residence in your homes too.
Fleas as disease carriers
Fleas can transmit disease. Contrary to common beliefs, it is not the rats that started the Great Plague, but the fleas. The Great Plague wiped out almost half of the world’s population during the 14th century. The plague actually came from fleas. Fleas also can be a source of tapeworms and can cause anemia to your pets.
If you find fleas in your homes, do not worry. The best pest experts in Mooresville NC, Lake Norman Pest Control Company, is just a phone call away.
DIY flea control
- Use a vacuum to clean the house. Vacuum over a flea-infested area. If you have to move the furniture to vacuum the whole carpet, then do so.
- If you suspect a flea infestation, wash all beddings in hot water, including your pet’s. Then dry using the highest heat setting to kill the fleas.
- Sprinkle diatomaceous earth around the house. Diatomaceous earth inflicts several tiny cuts on the fleas’ bodies, making them bleed to death. You can buy this from your local garden supply stores.
- Spray lemon solution on infected areas. Get a piece of lemon and thinly slice it. Put it into a pint of water then boil. Pour into a spray bottle. Other citrus fruits like oranges, lime, or grapefruit can be used.
- Wash your pets with flea soap and water. This is an effective way to kill the fleas that are latched to your pets.
If you are overwhelmed by the presence of fleas in your house, just simply pick up the phone and call the pest experts in Mooresville NC, Lake Norman Pest Control Company.
Lake Norman Pest Control has a team of highly skilled and well-trained professionals, utilizing the latest and the most advanced equipment in the business. They have family friendly and pet-friendly methods of extermination, so you are assured of your family’s safety.
Lake Norman Pest Control is a family owned business and has been trusted by locals and businesses in Mooresville for more than 50 years.