WHY YOU SHOULD GET RID OF FLEAS IN CONCORD NC
Do you know that fleas are just as deadly to humans as they are to your beloved pets? They go around the house and with the capability of spreading diseases like the plague, typhus, and cat scratch disease.
It is only natural for us human beings to want to get rid of these fleas. They simply are unwelcome visitors. Fleas feed on your blood and your pets’ blood. If you have flea infestation problems at your home in Concord, just call in the best in pest control expert for fleas in Concord NC: Lake Norman Pest Control Company.
How dangerous are fleas?
When fleas infest your homes, they latch on to either a human or an animal host. When they bite, they leave a swollen, itchy mark on the skin. They can even cause an allergic reaction to some hosts. And of course, the diseases: plague, typhus, and cat scratch disease are just some of the diseases they can transmit. And they are such a nuisance to have at home.
All is not lost, however, as there are many ways to prevent fleas from getting to you and your pets. Here are some tips:
- Clean surroundings always deter fleas. Regularly clean the house. Vacuum your carpets, rugs, and furniture regularly. Sweep the tiles and wooden floors. Set the vacuum cleaner to its most powerful setting and then put the brush at maximum. After vacuuming, empty the contents of the bag away from your home to make sure that whatever is in there cannot come back., It may contain flea pupae.
- Your pet’s bedding needs to be washed every week. Wash it with hot, soapy water. Hot water can kill the fleas. Some pet lovers allow their pets to sleep on their own beds. If you are like one of them, wash you beddings too.
- Use a flea comb with tiny teeth on your dog or cat to remove the fleas. Do this outside the house and make sure to bring with you a cup of soapy water where you can dip the flea comb after using it on your pet. This will drown the fleas.
- You may also use DIY flea home remedies. You may use salt as a natural remedy. Put some salt on your carpet and let it stay for 1 to 2 days. Vacuum thoroughly afterward.
- Another home remedy is baking soda. Spread some baking soda on your carpet and furniture, use a hard brush and then rub it into the fabric. Vacuum afterward.
These remedies may be time-consuming though. If you want to save on time and effort, you may just simply call in the pest experts in Concord NC, Lake Norman Pest Control Company. Lake Norman Pest Control has a team of highly skilled and well-trained professionals utilizing the latest and most advanced equipment in the business. Flea problems? Solved.
Lake Norman Pest Control Company has been trusted by residents and businesses in Concord for more than 50 years.