FLEA MANAGEMENT AT HOME
If you are reading this, you must have been having problems with fleas. Fleas are indeed pests that you need to get rid of. These tiny fleas are not the entertainers some portray them to be. Fleas, of course, used to perform in their own circuses but that was ages ago. Instead, they can be a source of many diseases. What they actually do for a living is they feed on your blood and your pets’ blood.
Control and management
It is but natural for you to want to get rid of them. Fleas in your homes are not healthy at all. You would never want to share your homes with these pests. Here are a few tips you can use in order to get rid of fleas in your homes:
- Be always clean with your home. Use your vacuum cleaner to clean your carpets, rugs, and furniture regularly. Move your furniture so you can vacuum the space it occupies. Set it to its most powerful setting and then put the brush at maximum. Always throw the vacuum bag afterward.
- Get a shallow bowl, fill with water, an put two drops of liquid detergent. Place it close to a light source. Fleas are always attracted to light. Fleas will accidentally jump into this bowl which is to them, filled with toxic. Eventually, they would die.
- Why not try a lemon solution? Slice a whole lemon thinly and put it in a pint of water. Boil it and put it in a spray bottle. Spray it on areas that you deem infested by fleas.
- Wash your pet’s bed every week. Wash with hot, soapy water. Regularly wash your beddings to since it might also have fleas.
- Use diatomaceous earth. This can cause little cuts on the fleas’ bodies, leaving them dying and eventually killing them. You may purchase diatomaceous earth at a local gardening store near you.
- For your pet, use a flea comb. Use this outside your home, bring along a cup of that water with two drops of liquid detergent. Dip the comb on the cup of soapy water after combing to kill the fleas caught on the comb.
Your family’s health is of utmost importance to you, and we understand that. After trying all these remedies and you still find the infestation too much of a problem, then it is time to call Lake Norman Pest Control Company.
Why Lake Norman Pest Control Company?
Lake Norman Pest Control has excellent experience in pest control, including flea control. They are experts not only in flea extermination but also with other pests like cockroaches, mosquitoes, flies, etc. The company has a special team of technicians who are highly skilled and well- tried and tested, using only state – of – the – art equipment. This makes pest control more efficient and better than anyone else’s. They employ family – friendly and pet – friendly, and EPA approved pest extermination methods because your safety is our priority.