THE BEST PEST CONTROL FOR ANTS IN CONCORD NC
Ants may be saving for the rainy days but at our expense. They are the most prevalent pests in households, restaurants, offices, warehouses, and wherever they can find food and water. There are more than 12,400 species of ants around the world, though not all of them can be found in the United States. Most of these species are found in the forests, while a few make it to our homes and offices.
The most common ant pests in Concord, North Carolina are the Argentine ants, Pharaoh ants, thief ants, odorous house ants, pavement ants, carpenter ants, and southern fire ants. Unknown to many, ants are just as capable of inflicting structural damages to houses and buildings as the termites. Thus, there is a growing number of consumers of ant control companies in Concord NC.
Ants are known to form colonies. Each colony has one queen and plenty of fertile males. The queen has only one function in the colony: to lay as many eggs as possible to ensure the survival of her colony. As for the male ants, their role is to mate with the queen. The female ants are the workers. They are the ones who forage for food. They are also known to work as a team. Ants send out patrollers to check for food; when a patroller spots food, it immediately informs the colonies that there is food. That is how they swarm food or liquid spills.
Here are a few tips on how to control these ants:
- Investigate what has been attracting the ants in your house. It can be food, water, spilled coffee or milk, soda, and even other dead pests, Clean or remove immediately.
- Regularly clean your house. Leftover food should be placed in sealed containers. Wipe off spills like coffee, milk, sodas, and juices as well as food crumbs on the table and floor.
- Place a cover on your trash bins. If left open, you are offering food to these ants.
- Seal cracks and crevices by caulking around your house both indoors and outdoors that the ants can use as entry points.
- You can also try to find the ants’ nest. The nest’s entrance has small piles of pellets made of earth outside, or trace the ant movements and see where they end up. After spotting the nest, pour hot water over it. You might be able to hit the jackpot: the queen. Kill off the queen, and the whole colony would not survive.
Or you can call the best in pest control
If you are overwhelmed by the sheer number of ants in your house, do not fret. The best ant control company in Concord NC, Lake Norman Pest Control Company, is just around the corner.
Lake Norman Pest Control has a team of highly skilled and well-trained professionals who utilize state of the art equipment, putting them in total control over these pests. They also use family friendly and pet-friendly methods, so you know your family is safe.
Lake Norman Pest Control Company is a family owned business that has been trusted by residents and businesses in Concord for more than 50 years.