THE BEST MOTH CONTROL COMPANY IN DAVIDSON
Some of the moths in Davidson have emerged as pests in and around the households. A lot of residents here find their clothes ruined, or their stored foods infested beyond use. Physically, they are harmless, yet they have become such nuisance that locals here would rather have them exterminated.
The most common types of moths
Pantry moths/ Meal moths/ Indianmeal moths – These are considered as the most troublesome of all the moths in the United States. These are the moths that are usually found in the pantry or kitchen. They attack dried, stored foods like cereals, rice, flour, pasta, powdered milk, and other grains.
Clothes moths – The clothes moths attack your clothes. What attracts the clothes moths to the clothes are the fibers that come from animals, like wool, fur, and feather. They are most likely to eat clothes that are dirty and have moisture. They like to be hidden in undisturbed places like under your sofa.
Ermine moths – More of a nuisance in the garden as they can damage garden shrubs. You can identify them with their small bodies that are whitish and are covered in rows of black dots.
Management and control
Now that we have established the destructive nature of moths, you may want to get rid of them upon sight. Here are a few ways to prevent moths from infesting your homes:
- Check around the favorite hiding places of moths. Areas under the sofas and beds are good places to start. Check on other areas that are dark and humid.
- If you see tiny holes on your clothes plus some discoloration and dustiness, you probably have clothes moths. Immediately wash these clothes to get rid of the eggs they might have laid.
- Clean your closet t get rid clothes moths’ eggs, and you pantry cabinet to get rid of pantry moths’ eggs. These eggs might be lurking there somewhere.
- Use of mothballs can help.
- Check for webbings and holes on the food packages at the grocery; inspect for possible infestation on the package you are about to buy. Once at home, store food in sealed containers
- Clean and vacuum carpets, cupboards, and cabinets
- Use pheromone-laced cardboard traps. These may be effective in controlling the moths; it will not totally solve the problem though. Use this in combination with other methods.
If the infestation becomes too much of a problem, you may need to call the professionals. If you are from Davidson, Lake Norman Pest Control is just around the neighborhood.
Why Lake Norman Pest Control?
They have excellent experience not only in moth treatment, but also with many other pest problems like mosquitoes, ants, and many others. The company has a special team of technicians who use state – of – the – art equipment and a family – friendly and pet – friendly method of doing things. They also offer same-day service, EPA approved pest extermination methods and discounts for regular service agreements.