American Cockroach: Facts And Ways To Eliminate Them
Cockroaches are one of the creatures you don’t want to have at home because they are creepy, filthy, and disease carriers. When you have few cockroaches, don’t be complacent because others are hiding and waiting for you to fall asleep for them to raid your house without getting caught. When cockroaches are your problem, a pest control company in Concord is the one you need.
Cockroaches come in different types. One of the most common species of cockroaches is American cockroaches. The species is known to be the biggest infesting pest you can experience in the United States and one of the top pests in the country. Having this at home, your family might become uncomfortable and may develop fears and anxieties if the pest continues to infest.
If you see cockroaches at home and would like to eliminate them, you need to be familiar first with the pest. Get to know about American cockroach facts which will help you get to know your enemy and be able to get rid of them successfully!
Let’s find out now!
American Cockroach’s Appearance
American cockroaches can be easily identified as they look different from other species. The species color is mostly reddish-brown and has a pattern that can be found on its head. It has six legs, antennae, and has an oval-shaped body. When American cockroaches become adults, their body length ranges from 1.4 inches to 1.6 inches and can even reach to 2 inches long. When you have this pest at home, and you see them fly towards you, don’t be surprised because female and male American cockroaches have wings which allow them to fly for a short distance. Because of flying cockroaches, people are having fears against the pest. If you want to avoid American cockroaches, you need to eliminate them by calling a pest exterminator in Concord to help you.
American Cockroaches Don’t Bite Often
There are pests that can bite you as they need to feed on blood. Some also sting which can be painful and might last for days. American cockroaches also bite, but they don’t do it often. They bite when they found food residue on your body which can help them fill their stomachs. According to a cockroach exterminator in Concord, American cockroaches will rarely bite, and it is not a problem. But, the bite can become a problem if it is infected and we all know that cockroaches are disease carriers. If you want to avoid their bite even if they don’t do it that much, you need to eliminate them as quickly as possible.
Female American Cockroaches Reproduce Crazily
Like other pests, American cockroaches can increase their population in no time. Female American cockroaches can give birth to 150 offsprings yearly. With this, they can increase their numbers rapidly which will lead to bigger infestations which will make it harder to getting rid of roaches. Allowing American cockroaches especially the female ones to infest your home will be a problem in the end because you don’t only have to deal with adults, but also with the newly born cockroaches.
American Cockroaches are Nocturnal
American cockroaches are pests that stay awake all night that’s why they are considered nocturnal. They may be present at night, but don’t be complacent that you won’t see them during daylight because they also come out even when lights are on. They tend to hide in dark places when they sense predators, and when they see humans are moving towards them. You may observe that when you are around, only a few cockroaches are visible as some are hiding and waiting for you to leave. But, when the night falls, and you are asleep, that’s the time American cockroaches attack. They will forage for food in your kitchen since the place is filled with food crumbs and residues. Also, dirty dishes attract American cockroaches hence if you don’t wash those dishes after every meal, pests will come. It is always best to let a pest exterminator in Concord do the extermination methods as appropriate solutions are applied.
American Cockroaches are Not Picky Eaters
Some pests will choose their food but not American cockroaches. The pest is known to be not a picky eater as it can eat almost everything. The hair found on the floor, the dead insects outside, and papers and cloth scattered are food for them. They ingest everything that they see, which makes them filthy. Because of this, you should not allow the pest to contaminate your food as you may ingest bacteria which can affect your health. Better store your food properly in airtight containers to avoid food contamination. If you want a healthy home for you and your family, better let a pest exterminator in Concord handle the dirty work.
American Cockroaches are Diseases Carriers
Like other pests, American cockroaches carry diseases that can affect everyone, mostly children. Through food contamination, they can spread the virus in a jiffy, and you cannot notice it. They also shed their skins to contaminate easily. They carry allergens that trigger asthma, allergies, and other sicknesses that can target children. Having American cockroaches at home is threatening as the pest does not only cause infestation and damage, but it can also give diseases. For a better home and environment, let a pest expert in Concord get rid of them for good.
These are the facts you need to know about American cockroaches. Getting to know the pest will make the pest control fast and easy.
Ways to Eliminate American Cockroaches
When you see cockroaches, the first thing that comes to mind is to eliminate them. But how you can do it? Don’t worry because we have ways on how you can get rid of them effectively.
- Keep areas dry and clean, especially the kitchen and dining area where food is prepared and served.
- Remove everything that attracts American cockroaches like stacks of papers and boxes which can be a place for them to hide.
- Fix water sources and leaks because moisture helps American cockroaches to survive. They can survive with water alone, and if there are leaks found in your home, they will come quickly. Also, removing moisture will prevent other pests from coming like mosquitoes, ants, rodents, and termites.
- Store your food properly to prevent food contamination. Depriving cockroaches of food will get rid of them because they will look for other places where food is present.
- Clean your house regularly to prevent American cockroaches from coming. By cleaning, you are removing food residues and crumbs which are food for them. Doing this, you are also preventing other pests from infesting your home.
- Seal all entry points. American cockroaches can enter even small crevices, and if all entry points are open, they will enter freely. To avoid them, tightly seal crevices, gaps, and holes to prevent them from entering. This will also stop rodents, ants, spiders, and more from infiltrating your home.
- Cover your trash bins. American cockroaches are fond of foraging food in trash cans, and keeping it open will attract them to come. Better cover the trash bins with lids to stop cockroaches from invading.
- Wipe and clean appliances, especially the ones you used for cooking as it might still have residues. American cockroaches can will target your appliances as well to look for food.
- Call a professional exterminator near you to help you get rid of American cockroaches if home remedies don’t work. A professional knows how to get rid of pests, including American cockroaches, and the results will satisfy you.
These are the ways on how you can eliminate American cockroaches. If none of these works, the best is to look for a pest control company and that’s Lake Norman Pest Control.
Professional Pest Control Company Near You
Lake Norman Pest Control is the best choice when your property is suffering from cockroach infestations. The company offers exceptional pest control services that you cannot experience from others.
The company is fully equipped and well-rounded in handling pests. Whether you have cockroaches, ants, mosquitoes, termites, bed bugs, fleas, or more, you don’t have to worry because Lake Norman Pest Control can get rid of them for you.
Not only that, Lake Norman Pest Control never disappoints in giving exceptional and satisfying results as they have the best team to help you. They have highly trained, licensed, professional, and expert pest exterminators who can perform all the pest control services you need for your home. They only use human and pet-friendly extermination methods which are proven effective in dealing with all pests.
With Lake Norman Pest Control, your money and time will never be wasted because they only give what you deserve and they finish their work immediately. Your house will be free from pests when you choose the company as your partner in pest control.
When you have pest problems at home, you can now stay calm because Lake Norman Pest Control is only a call away. Contact them now at 704-663-6440, and they are always ready to serve you!